Friday, March 2, 2012

Max Dog Pastel Portrait

 The cute Max is finished and will soon be on his way to owner. I had great fun doing this portrait, I love the reference photo because he is looking straight at you. I used pastels and pastel pencils on A4 drawing paper. I have always preferred to do larger paintings but have recently discovered how rewarding a small picture can be.




I have discovered audio books, and often listen to them while I work. There are free audiobooks here if you are interested. I was so excited to discover this! =)

4 comments:

  1. Lovely portrait Felicity. I prefer drawing 'larger' - A4 means having to sharpen those pencils more frequently :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! Yes, it's hard getting sharp points, especially when your sharpeners are all blunt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely lovely! What books have you been listening to? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been listening to The American by Henry James and have Anna Karenena and Lady Susan lined up!

    ReplyDelete