Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sketches of my Life


I spent several hours on my drawing yesterday while I was looking after the little craft shop. I drew this cute old fashioned restaurant in Canada from a photo in a travel book.

I used only a pen so I had to pay attention to proportions as I only had one and a half chances to get it right!

Here are a couple more of my recent drawings. I'm up to Day 125 today!

I picked a small branch off the maple tree and spent a day drawing leaves.

One hot sunday afternoon I walked down to the wharf and sat for a couple of hours drawing what was once a store on the water. Now it is a privately owned holiday place.


I've been making a pochade box out of an old wooden Whisky Soda box and plan to do some plein air painting soon.

My nephew stayed with us on the weekend and I let him use my computer on the condition that I draw him!

My younger brother, Nathaniel (16) now half owns and looks after a cute little 22ft yacht called Destiny. I think we are going to have a lot of fun sailing her! :)

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Absolutely love your sketches. I tried doing the sketch a day thing this year but I've gotten so bogged down with bigger art projects : )
    Keep up the good work!!!!

    ReplyDelete