Monday, August 13, 2012

Zena. Portrait of a beautiful girl


This is the portrait I was working on last month of a beautiful girl who died tragically several years ago. I did the portrait for her mother who came to pick it up in the weekend and was very happy with it which makes me glad. I like to capture a person so that they are more than recognizable, one of my goals is to make real portraits which portrays a person and goes beyond a likeness.

I drew this on a A3 piece of drawing paper. It was terrible drawing paper by the way, I wont use that again, but I managed it! I used HB to 8B graphite pencils and a kneaded rubber. Also cotton buds for blending, they are very useful but similar to bobby pins in that they end up everywhere except when you want one! 



No comments:

Post a Comment