Monday, May 16, 2011

Rearing Horses

 A month or so ago we took Tigger and Calypso to the beach and had lots of fun swimming with the horses. Then Tigger and I showed off and did some rearing. I have just started teaching him and realize now how dangerous it is to teach a horse to rear. They must be well trained in the basics and you must be able to really trust your horse before you teach rearing. When he is confused with something I ask him now he sometimes wants to rear thinking that's what I want. But he's just about got it now, next step is getting him to rear up higher!




Good boy! I love my Tigger!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I have been thinking about teaching my horse to rear, but now I think he is not trustworthy enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I was of some help! :)

    ReplyDelete